Are you doing preconception care to prepare your body for a successful IVF transfer?
We talk a lot about preconception care. At AIM Women’s Wellness Center, we are firm believers that taking the time before you start trying to conceive to get your body as healthy as possible has a HUGE impact on your chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy baby.
The ideal amount of time to spend on preconception care before you try to get pregnant is between 90 – 120 days. This is your window of opportunity to have an impact on the health of your eggs and ovaries (and his sperm too).
A lot of people don’t understand that if you are ovulating this cycle, your body started preparing that egg three months ago. What you do and what you eat during this time period has a direct influence on the health of that egg when it meets with the sperm.
Watch this episode of Tea with The Fertility Godmother below, where Denise shared three important tips to help you with Preconception Care before IVF.
Three tips to help you with preconception care before IVF:
- Eat a clean, healthy fertility diet.
- Take supplements to enhance your overall & fertility health.
- Are you on a high-quality prenatal?
- Are you taking a high-quality fish oil?
- Test and retest your blood levels to be sure you are getting the right amount of vitamins and nutrients.
- Additional Fertility Testing.
- It’s so important that your Doctor is running the appropriate tests to make sure your body is ready for a baby! Advocate for yourself to make sure you are getting the best care.
For more information about IVF, check out Things to Know Before Starting IVF: Tips for IVF Success or, click here to learn more about what you should be doing for preconception care.
If you are thinking about IVF, schedule a complimentary 20-minute consultation with Denise to see how you can work together to achieve the ultimate goal… a healthy pregnancy and baby!