Your body begins to recruit eggs about 120 days before they are released, and sperm is regenerated every 90 days. So, we like to start at least three months before you try to conceive. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, the AIM to Get Pregnant Program will take you through five steps to prepare to conceive:
- Review health history, symptoms, diet, lifestyle, bloodwork and tests; diagnose; create a customized treatment program
- Remove toxins, stress, and other factors that may be harming your chances of conceiving – cleanses, nutrition, supplements, Chinese medicinal herbs, massage, meditation, and more as required
- Rebuild a stronger, healthier body and mind – nutrition, supplements, Chinese medicinal herbs, and stress reduction through massage, meditation, breathwork and more
- Rebalance hormones and correct the menstrual cycle, increasing healthy blood flow to the ovaries and uterus – acupuncture, nutrition, and Chinese medicinal herbs
- Evaluate with new bloodwork, tests, and measurements to gauge progress and your body’s readiness to conceive
Our focus is to:
- Generate healthy blood flow to the uterus to improve implantation success
- Enhance egg and follicle health
- Decrease inflammation and discomfort
- Reduce stress levels
- Support your body on the stimulating medications
- Reduce undesired side effects of fertility medications
Do You Have Limited Time?
If your IVF or IUI procedure is already scheduled within the next couple of months, the next-best strategy to help ensure success is to prepare the uterus four to eight weeks prior to egg retrieval. We will prescribe various treatments, such as acupuncture, fertility nutrition, mindfulness, and supplements if appropriate.
Treatment will improve circulation to the uterus, create relaxation, and reduce the side effects of medications. It also minimizes bloating, distention, and cramps that are often side effects of egg retrieval.
Treatment on the Day of Transfer
The odds of conception are greatly enhanced with acupuncture treatments before and immediately after embryo transfer. On the day of your IVF procedure, we can be in the room to give your body the extra support it needs.
Minutes before embryos are inserted, we will perform an acupuncture treatment to relax the cervix, enabling the catheter can pass through easier, to increase blood flow to the uterus, and to reduce stress while increasing your chances of conception.
After transfer is complete, we will perform another treatment to reinforce the benefits of the first one and to nourish the embryo.
For the past couple of years, I’ve been going to AIM for support during IVF treatment. The staff has been professional, nurturing and a calming force in my life. They have played an important role in helping me on my journey to become a Mom.